The Hollings Center for International Dialogue is seeking applications for a limited-term full-time assistant at its Istanbul office. The successful candidate should be experienced in event-organizing, working with international projects and individuals from multi-cultural backgrounds, professional, well organized, detail-oriented, and possess strong communication skills in Turkish and English. The term will be from January 1, 2020 to June 30, 2020.
The assistant will primarily help prepare forand arrange the logistics of an event that the Hollings Center will be organizing in the spring of 2020. The assistant is responsible for: 1.) coordinating logistics and support 2.) assisting with database management and reporting, and 3.) carrying out other duties as assigned.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Assists in arranging hotels, restaurants, and transportation.
- Coordinates with vendors.
- Tracks visa applications for travel to Turkey.
- Prepares conference materials.
- Liaises with the participants prior to and after the conference.
- Assists in preparing conference materials such as program information booklet.
- Takes notes at events as required.
- Periodically updates the Hollings Center contacts database.
- Assists in program reporting.
- Assists in office events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three years of professional experience required.
- Experience in organizing events.
Skills and Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge of Turkish and English.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- If applicant is a non-Turkish citizen, they must already possess a work permit.
How to Apply:
Please send a CV and a brief cover letter outlining your background, prior experience and interest in this position to email@example.com. Deadline to apply is December 2, 2019.