Our commitment to your privacy
Since our establishment in 2004, The Hollings Center has been committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of personal information about our current and potential donors
In accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Turkish Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698 (the “Law numbered 6698”), personal data relating to you shall be processed by the Hollings Center as the data controller, within the below-specified scope.
What personal data we obtain
Personal data you provide directly to us. For certain activities, such as when you subscribe to our updates or newsletters, or contact us directly, we may collect some or all of the following types of personal data:
- Your contact information, including your name and email address
- Country of residence
- Areas of interest (if you choose to receive newsletters, updates, or other information from us)
- Any other personal data you choose to provide to us.
It is always your choice whether to provide this personal data. However, some personal data must be provided to allow you to participate in certain programs, activities, or events.
Information we collect automatically. We collect certain information automatically when you use our Site through the use of cookie technology. Cookies are small amounts of data that a website exchanges with a web browser or application on a visitors device. Information collected include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Site, the date and time of your visit, information about the links you click, the pages you view, the general manner in which you navigate the Site, and other standard server log information.
We may use this information to process transactions; to respond to inquiries from you and to address and fix technical problems and improve our Site. The Hollings Center takes great care to protect your personal information and when we use it, we do so with respect for your privacy.
How to control Cookies
You have the option of customizing your preferences for Cookies by changing the settings of your browser.
Limitations. Our Site is not intended for minors (individuals under the age of 18), and we do not knowingly collect personal data from minors. Additionally, we will not sell or use your data for commercial purposes.
Purposes of Personal Data Processing
The Hollings Center, as the data controller, may process your personal data for the purposes of sending you information you have expressly chosen to receive, reviewing and responding documents or other information you submit, administering and informing our program and other business; and complying with applicable law, court order, or regulation.
Connecting with The Hollings Center on social media platforms
The Hollings Center provides experiences on social media platforms that enable online sharing and collaboration among users who have registered to use them. We collect information you provide by interacting with us via social media, such as photographs, opinions, or Twitter handles. Please do not share any personal information via The Hollings Center social media platforms. Any content you post, such as pictures, information, opinions, or any personal information that you make available to other participants on these social platforms is collected and stored by The Hollings Center on those platforms.
Third Party Analytics
Legal bases under the GDPR. If you are in the European Union, we will collect and use your personal data only if we have one or more legal bases for doing so under the GDPR. This means we collect and use your personal data only where: you have given your consent for one or more specific purposes; it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
To Whom and For Which Purposes Processed Personal Data Shall Be Transferred
Collected personal data relating to you shall be transferred to our suppliers and legally authorized public and private entities in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations.
As data subjects, you are entitled to the following rights pursuant to the GDPR and Article 11 of the Turkish Law numbered 6698:
- Learn whether data relating to you is being processed;
- Request further information if personal data relating to you has been processed;
- Learn the purpose of the processing of personal data and whether data is being processed in compliance with such purpose;
- Learn the third-party recipients to whom the data is disclosed within the country or abroad,
- Request rectification of the processed personal data which is incomplete or inaccurate and request such process to be notified to third persons to whom personal data is transferred,
- Request deletion or destruction of data in the event that the data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal data was collected, despite being processed in line with the Law and other applicable laws and request such process to be notified to third persons to whom personal data is transferred,
- Object to negative consequences about you that are concluded as a result of analysis of the processed personal data by solely automatic means,
- Demand compensation for the damages you have suffered as a result of an unlawful processing operation.
As data subjects, you may convey your requests concerning your rights specified above to us by sending an e-mail to email@example.com in accordance with the Law numbered 6698.
For your convenience, you may choose to write or call us with your request for accessing and, if necessary, correcting your personal information.
How we protect your information
Personal data shall be subject to additional safeguards to ensure this data is processed securely. For example, we work hard to ensure data is encrypted when in transit and storage, and access to this data will be strictly limited to a minimum number of individuals and subject to confidentiality commitments.
We may share the personal information that we collect with government agencies or other regulatory bodies and law enforcement.
The Hollings Center processes and stores your personal data only for the time necessary to achieve the stated purpose or as permitted under the applicable laws or regulations.
As soon as the purpose for data storage is achieved, or the appropriate term of storage provided for by any applicable laws or regulations expires, your personal data will be deleted.
Last Reviewed July 2018